Reducing our carbon footprint
Our ambition is to become the leading communications group on environmental issues and contribute to a global net zero carbon strategy by adopting an approach aligned with the Paris Agreements.
We commit to:
- Taking the lead in the creation and diffusion of responsible communications throughout our agencies and in collaborations with clients and partners
- Maintaining our commitment to collaborative efforts in reducing climate change
Our environmental strategy
We perform under an ISO 14001-certified global Environmental Management System (EMS) in major markets and we have implemented an environmental policy with ambitious objectives (2018-2024):
Our objectives (2018-2024)
Our 2021 Environmental Key Figures
Our environmental roadmap
We will achieve our objectives by:
- Reducing our non-essential travel and compensating our flight GHG emissions when possible
- Scouting renewable energy solutions for our agencies
- Increasing energy efficiency programmes in our Villages
- Implementing recycling systems in our agencies
- Setting up plans to reduce paper use and increase document digitalisation
- Reducing single-use plastic use
Evolution of GHG Emissions T.EQ CO2 (2018-2024)
Our low-carbon products and services
A key element to our bold environmental strategy is the Havas Meaningful Impact programme. An initiative that seeks to manage and reduce the GHG emissions of our products and services. We do it by implementing eco-friendly practices in the production and broadcast of our campaigns, as well as adopting carbon calculators to measure GHG emissions.
Havas Climate Solidarity
Launched in 2018, this initiative offers the possibility to our clients to contribute financially to offset their carbon footprint due to the production of a campaign. We partner with Pur Projet on ecosystem restoration through agroforestry, land restoration and forest conservation offsetting projects in Peru and France.
Havas Carbon Impact
Havas Media France implemented the first Carbon Impact Calculator for its clients’ multi-media campaigns in 2020. The agency now informs its partners of the carbon impact of their campaigns and proposes environmentally friendly solutions.